WHAT IS BEAN TO BAR CHOCOLATE?Bean to bar is the term used to describe chocolate that is made straight from the cocoa bean. The majority of chocolatiers buy a bulk source of chocolate and melt it down to craft their chocolates. We roast, winnow, refine, conche and temper all of our chocolate in our micro factory.
HOW LONG DOES THE CHOCOLATE-MAKING PROCESS TAKE?From whole beans to finished chocolate, it’s about a four-day process. If you count the molding and packaging, it is a week to 10 days.
WHY, IN PARTICULAR, DO YOU USE COCOA BEANS FROM INDIA?We delved into the world of chocolates and realized, Indian Cacao beans needs to be explored as a Single Origin chocolate. We endeavour to bring Indian cacao to world class level chocolates.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS?Yes, we frequently offer promotional coupons to those who follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter. For special inquiries about large quantity orders or custom events, feel free to contact us.
DO YOU HAVE A LIST OF ALL OF THE NUTRITION FACTS AND INGREDIENT LIST FOR ALL OF YOUR PRODUCTS?All nutritional and ingredient information can be found under the specific page for each and every product we make. Don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have.
IS YOUR CHOCOLATE GLUTEN-FREE?Everything we make is gluten-free ,our signature dark chocolates contains only three ingredients: cocoa beans, organic sugar and cacao butter. We don’t use lecithin, vanilla, or any other additives.
DOES YOUR CHOCOLATE CONTAIN ADDITIVES OR EMULSIFIERS SUCH AS LECITHIN? WHAT ABOUT VANILLA?We do not add any kind of lecithin to our products and never have. In fact, we don’t add any additives to our signature dark chocolate; beans ,cacao butter and organic sugar, that’s it. We want to be able to taste what the farmers have grown as best possible. We do add some quality ingredients to some of our other chocolate bars such as coffee, blueberry etc and those are clearly indicated on the package and on this site.
IS YOUR CHOCOLATE CERTIFIED ORGANIC?Our dark chocolate is made from three ingredients: cocoa beans , cacao butter and certified organic sugar. Our chocolate is unofficially organic. We go to great lengths to make sure the farmers do not use chemicals and pesticides. We also make sure that our beans are shade grown and that the cocoa trees are intercropped with other trees and crops. Our cocoa beans are not certified, however, in part for the same reason we aren’t Fair Trade certified—the certification process for the beans is very expensive and our farmers can’t afford it. Though we are not certified organic, our beans can be traced completely back to their origin.
DO YOU SHIP CHOCOLATE WHEN IT’S HOT?During warmer months, or to warm climates,to help minimize melting, bars will be packed with reusable, recyclable gel packs and a naturally compostable insulation layer. Please note, temperature fluctuations can still cause the chocolate to bloom resulting in a cloudy surface and slightly altered texture. While the bars may not retain their smooth, shiny finish, the chocolate is still safe to eat. Simply let the bars return to room temperature and enjoy!
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE FOR YOUR PRODUCTS?These premium chocolates do not contain preservatives and are best enjoyed within 12 months of delivery. For best results, store chocolates in a place that is dry, 16ºC and free of any other odors.
SHOULD I STORE THE CHOCOLATES IN THE REFRIGERATOR?No. Chocolate is best stored at cool room temperatures (15-18°C), well wrapped to keep moisture out, and away from highly scented foods or products that might be absorbed by the chocolate. Refrigeration will change the appearance of the chocolate, specifically, the condensation that forms when it is taken from the refrigerator will cause sugar bloom on the chocolate’s surface.
WHAT IS THE LEAD TIME FOR LARGER, CUSTOM ORDERS?Three to four weeks lead time is appreciated as our chocolates are handmade to order and the packaging is often customized.
HOW DO I PLACE A WHOLESALE ORDER?To place a wholesale order, please fill the Bulk enquiry form or email us at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
DOES DARKINS DO HOME DELIVERY?
For smaller orders, we charge a nominal delivery charge, based on your location. Of course, you are welcome to pick up your chocolates for no delivery charges from our chocolate studio.
RETURN, REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
In case an item received is different from what was ordered, please send us a mail on email@example.com. We will have the item collected from your end and the correct item will be sent to you. Transport cost for this will be borne by us.
Similarly, if the item you receive is not in usable condition, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, We will have the item collected from your end and a fresh item will be sent to you. Transport cost for this will be borne by us.
Please note, while we take great care in packaging your order, to ensure that it reaches you in perfect condition, there is a chance, in case of extremely hot climate, that chocolate items will melt. This does not affect the quality of the product in any way. Please store the items in a cool, dry place.
Please write to us at email@example.com if you require a refund against a purchase you have made, please mention the Order number.
We will refund your payment in the following cases:
- If the item is not received by you within 15 days from date of order (subject to correct information received from the customer)
- If the item received by you is defective or not usable.
- If you have not received the correct item
In cases where the item has been delivered to you, we will arrange for it to be picked up and returned to us. On confirmation of the defect / fault, we will refund your payment.
In case your complaint does not fall under any of the above heads, but you require a refund, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
If you wish to cancel an order once placed, please mail us on email@example.com.
Orders can be cancelled within 24 hours of being placed. In this case, the full amount will be reimbursed.
In case the item has been dispatched, if the item is to be cancelled, the amount of the cost of products will be refunded. The transport cost will not be refunded.
In case the item has been received by you, the order cannot be cancelled. In this case please follow the refund policy.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Items once ordered will be dispatched within 5 working days from date of order. Dispatch will be by air courier. Delivery will normally be within 48 hours of dispatch. In unforeseen cases, delivery may take longer
- For request for re-delivery to a different address from that given during order, additional transportation charges will apply.
- Return / refund requests must be made within 3 days of receipt of the order.
- The minimum order value for placing orders on the website is Rs 295.
- Shipping cost will be over and above the value of the item. Order above Rs 500 are eligible for free shipping
- Darkins chocolate retains the right to refuse any order unconditionally
- All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of Court at New Delhi, India
Where we get your data from:
The information you give us:
- When placing an order.
- On creating an account/ profile.
- While compiling wish lists.
- When you communicate with us through email, telephone, or otherwise.
- When you sign up to be alerted about the availability of any products.
This information can include your name, email id, phone number, address, as well as those of the people you are sending the products to for any reason; your photograph; financial information (credit/ debit cards).
Information automatically collected:
- Computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address.
- Information related to your computer and its connection such as browser type, version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
- Purchase history.
- Products you viewed or searched for.
- Cookie number.
- How long you stayed on the website and what features you used.
On downloading our app, we receive your and your mobile device’s location. This is used to provide location-specific services. You can also disable the locations settings should your device allow it.
When do we share the data and with whom?
- Third party delivery services
- Your name, address, and telephone number is shared with a promise on the part of the delivery company to not share or use the information in any way.
- Third party payment providers.
- Your name, address, debit. Credit card information, order information is shared.
- Transfer of business.
- In a legal context.
- To respond to a lawful request, search warrant, or subpoena. It may also be shared when we believe it is instrumental in protecting the rights, property, and safety of TSB as well as its customers. No information is ever disclosed, sold, shared, or rented for commercial purposes.
- Right to request access to data that we store about you.
- Right to demand changes in incorrect or inaccurate data.
- Right to demand the termination of processing of your data any longer.
- Right to lodge a complaint should you wish.
A cookie is a small text file that enables various features of TSB and is placed on your computer or mobile. They store user preferences and track user trends in order to better your experience on the website and provide customized options to you. You can decide whether you want cookies to be enabled for your Internet surfing or not using the browser settings. Leaving them on will mean that you accept to our usage of whatever personal information is collected by our cookie.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a ‘Do Not Track’ signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at